Dr. Amrita Dass
Dr. Amrita Dass is a leading Educationist and Career-Consultant of the country. She is the Founder-Director of ICS-International (Established in 1985) and has the distinction of pioneering the career counselling and guidance services in the country.
She is also the Chairperson and Managing Director of ICS Education Ltd.
Dr. Dass is a consultant for a number of leading schools of the country. She has also designed and conducted numerous training programmes on Leadership for Edu-Leaders focusing on Leadership in Education and on Excellence in Education for Teachers. In addition, she has conducted Leadership Programmes for corporates both national and multinationals. She is a columnist for many leading newspapers of the country and writes on a wide range of educational, career and leadership issues.
Presently, Member Governing Bodies of Woodstock School, Mussoorie, Auckland House School, Shimla, Bishop Cotton School, Shimla and Nirmal Bhartiya School (NBS), New Delhi. Has been Ex-officio Director of the State Bank of India (SBI), Lucknow Circle. Served two terms as Member of the Northern Region Advisory Committee of the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI). Was Member of the Steering Committee on Women and Child Development, Planning Commission of India for the Ninth Five Year Plan and Chairperson of the Hunger Project, U.P. among others.
Graduated from Isabella Thoburn College and was the recipient of the Mary E. Shannon and Mrs. Prem Nath Dass merit scholarships. Also awarded the Best Woman of the Year trophy. Recipient of two gold medals in M.A. (Western History) from Lucknow University –secured the first position. Went on to do Ph.D in History from Lucknow University and pursued doctoral studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies, London University as a Fellow of the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR).
- Presented papers and participated in many international conferences including the UN World Summit for Social Development, Copenhagan, Sweden, the UN Conference on Women, Beijing, the State of the World Forum at San Francisco, U.S.A., the International Women’s Dialogue, Houston, U.S.A. and the Global Knowledge Partnership (GKPII) meeting at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, organized by the World Bank.
- Visited 8 UK Universities on invitation of the British Council.
- Co-chaired the Global Leadership Conclave for School Principals in Singapore in 2007.
- Headed a group of educationists to Universities and Institutes of Higher Learning in Singapore in Feb 2008 on invitation of the Singapore Education Board.
- Special Invitee for the Patrician Conference on Education in Ireland, July 2008
- Lead a group of renowned Heads of Schools and Educationists to 16 universities in Canada on invitation of the Canadian Education Centre, New Delhi in September 2009.
Recipient of the Lions Club Award for Outstanding Social Work and the Rotary Award for Vocational Excellence. Has recently been felicitated as a “Woman Achiever” by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).